Saturday, February 16, 2013

From Guys-Focused Chaos to God-Focused Life

It's been more than a month since I posted my last blog. Many things could happen in a month, some may fall in love, some may lost someone, and some, may like me, just continually repeating each day, going to classes, doing school work, hanging out with friends, cramming for tests, until someone walks into your life and sparks your heart, and your life. Your heart is filled up with love, passion and excitement because of this one man, he is your love and your life, he is that soul-mate you've been looking for since your were a little girl---blue eyes, blonde hair, when he smiles, the whole world shines. You guys start to date, everything seems so beautiful, every corner of the city is filled up with love and romance. You guys are deeply in love, he kissed you, bended his knees, tells you that he loves you dearly and he wants to marry you. Of course you said yes, you have been waiting for this moment for so long. Your eyes are full of tears and everything else around you becomes glazing, all you can see is him. You guys get married and live happily after.

Does this sound familiar? Not only the scene that has been in almost all the Hollywood movies, also, it's also been in almost all the girls' dreams, admit it.

I said "almost all the girls", so yes, of course I am included.

As a Christian, I know that not only God's given me all I need, HE IS ALL I NEED. I try so hard to be that Proverbs 31 woman. I do not sleep around, I do not get drunk, I try to work hard, I try to smile all the time and love everybody around me, but in fact, the sinful seed in the deepest side of my heart, has never stopped screaming, desiring things that I don't have. The fact is, sometimes I feel that Jesus is NOT ENOUGH for me and I WANT MORE. It's Feb. 16th, two days after Valentine's day. When I say "I want more", you know what I am talking about, yes, a guy. Instead of trusting God and waiting for him to bring us the other half, many of us like to wonder around and get all frustrated about guys all the time.

"Why didn't he text me?"
"Was that a date?"
"Does he like me? Then Why doesn't he make a move?"
"I am pretty/skinny/tall/short enough for him?"
"Should I comment on his facebook?"
"Should I text him first or wait for him to text me first this time since I texted him last time?"

Ya, I know, we've all been there.

So the question is, since when, do we women need guys to be happy? What's so magical about guys that we just can't stop thinking up them? Well, I guess as human, we naturally crave being accompanied, God said "it is not good for human to be along.". Our broken hearts keeps us alive in this broken world and we are so broken that we want to find someone to fill up that emptiness. Somehow we believe that everything is going to be so perfect when that perfect guy shows up. Hollywood makes relationship sounds like it is full of romance, kisses and happiness, so when girls dream about relationship, that's all we can think of.

Ya, of course we want going on a date, holding hands, looking into each others' eyes through the warm candle light, kissing on the downtown street with music around like nobody is watching. The part we ignored is that those "perfect boys", they are broken too. Relationship is NOT all about love and kiss, there is more than that, tears, pain and the ultimate brokenness. And remind me who is that one person that will ALWAYS hold our hands, not just look into our eyes but able to look into our souls and hearts, gave up his own life for our freedom and happiness? That boy in your English class or the guy who always seats beside you at church? NO! It's JESUS!!

Jesus gave up his LIFE for US so WE are able to have the happiness and everlasting life. It is HIS BLOOD that made us WHITE LIKE SNOW. It is HIM that brings us JOY. It is HIM who promised us that He will ALWAYS be with us till the end of the age. It is in HIM, that we could just completely relax, be satisfied, and be joyful.

Romance is wonderful, but GOD, who created romance is GREATER. HE knows when is the best timing for us to date, and until then, HE will be preparing our hearts and their hearts, so when it is time, HE will deliver those guys to our life. We'll meet, we'll fall in love and when time gets hard, we'll learn to cooperate and comfort each other and continually walk towards God, our ultimate lover.

So girls, it's OKAY if that guy doesn't disappear and never talk to you again after your first date; it is OKAY that he broke up with you; it is OKAY that he never texts you back---because God has a plan for us and when it is time, HE will lead us finding each other and falling in love. He'd be delighted to hear us saying "I do" on the white carpet and to watch us walking together towards HIM. And it is going to be so beautiful and WORTH WAITING FOR.

Until then, give your HEART to HIM and focus on HIM alone.


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

No comments:

Post a Comment