Sunday, October 28, 2012

Flavored vs Original


It's been 7 months since the last time I updated my blog. Have I really been that busy ? Or have I just been too distracted by everything else that's going on in my life and was not able to sit down, look at life itself and write my mind out? 

It's like flavored coffee, it got that strong and tempting smell that almost completely overpowered the smell of coffee itself. You found it so unusually and delicious and got so addicted to it and cannot wait to turn on your coffee machine and wait till the awesome scent fill up your whole kitchen.  But after awhile, you start noticing that there is nothing more in the flavored coffee but the added flavor itself, it becomes boring and you start missing the original coffee, you start missing how the bitterness slowly changes to sweetness and ended up remaining that unusually taste in your month. You start wanting to get rid of all the extra stuff and go back to the original.  

This might sound ridiculous to you but I found everything else in life is amazingly similar with a cup of coffee. I found myself get addicted to the extra stuff all the time, for example, a guy's handsomeness, money, grade, clothes, shoes etc, and I expect those things to bring me the happiness. But after awhile, I start noticing that without a kind, loving heart, the physical attractiveness becomes boring and empty; I start noticing that no matter how much money in my budget, I'm never satisfied; I start noticing that no matter what grade I got, I always wish it's higher; I start noticing no matter how much new clothes I bought, there are always something I really want from the newest fashion magazine; I start noticing, I want to shake off all these extra things and go back to the original. 

But what's the original? And is it even possibly for us to go back to the original? I honestly don't know. The only thing I know is that while I am sitting outside with cup of coffee this evening, listening to Teitur's music, watching the sky turned from pink to orange to yellow to green to gray to black, I can actually feel the energy of the universe that God created, it is always active, always changing, always moving. I spaced out for like 2 minutes and the sky has already changed 4 different colors, and no matter what I do, there is no way to change it back. It really makes me realize how small and powerless I am compare to the universe, compare to God. The sky changes from light to dark, it's a day, the sky keeps doing this circle for 365 times, it's a year, and another year, another 5 years, another 10 years, another 20,30,40,50,60 years…It's crazy to think that even after we die, this circle is still continuing,never pausing, never stopping. 

So ya, we cannot pin life down, we can't stop the sky turning color, we can't help the flowers blooming or stop the leaves from falling, so why do we even attempt to take control? Why do we even try to focus on anything else but life itself? We don't we just put a big smile on, wake up every morning full of joy, enjoy the present and behold till the day Jesus comes and take us home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment